[Users] Cannot update QuasiLocalMeasures

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 14 21:23:02 CDT 2010

Hello Erik,

> I found that I could solve the problem for myself (for using my notebook
> from home) by adding the "-z9" option to cvs. I added this to
> GetComponents.
I noticed that commit (and the commit message). I am not sure if this
really solves the problem or just makes it less likely to appear because
the amount of data transferred is smalller.

> Does the problem persist for you even with this change?
Anyway I did a

cvs -d:pserver:cvs_anon:anon at cvs.cct.lsu.edu/numrel login
cvs -d:pserver:cvs_anon:anon at cvs.cct.lsu.edu/numrel co
LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures
cd LSUThorns/
cvs update

which worked fine. However as said, the file that was causing the hang
>> /LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-minkowski/quasilocalmeasures::qlm_invariant_coordinates.norm_inf.asc
is now gone from the repository. In fact cvs claims that the file never
existed in the first place (tested from a checkout within LSU, see
below). Did you ask the cvs admins to permanently delete some files from
the repository?

Also if I do a 'cvs log' in QuasiLocalMeasures then cvs still seems to hang.
cd QuasiLocalMeasures
cvs log &
..wait..several..minutes..
netstat --tcp | grep 'lsu\|^Prot
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address             State
> tcp        0  43776 phys44230.physics.gat:42014 asylum.cct.lsu.e:cvspserver ESTABLISHED

So the error seems to still persist. cvs log from is.cct.lsu.edu works
fine. Since svn seems to be fine, would maybe moving LSUThorns to svn be
a workaround?