[Users] Cannot update QuasiLocalMeasures

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jun 15 08:23:57 CDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 7:28 , Roland Haas wrote:

> Hello Eloisa,
>
>> can you be referring to the file
>> quasilocalmeasures::qlm_invariant_coordinates.norm_inf2.asc instead?
> I checked my initial email to ccthelpdesk (Dilip Somavarapu) where I
> had copied and pasted the cvs output and there apparently used to be
> a file quasilocalmeasures::qlm_invariant_coordinates.norm_inf.asc
> (this was on May 18th). Also if I run the test then it creates such
> a file (for the norm_inf reduction), so I suspect that maybe one of
> the admins renamed the
> quasilocalmeasures::qlm_invariant_coordinates.norm_inf.asc,v file
> for testing purposes?

This is getting strange.

Roland, did you say it was your ticket with CCT support?  Do you want
to call them and see what is happening?  It is not good if files get
renamed -- either the disk is having problems, or they forgot to
rename it back, which could lead to all sorts of trouble for us
(imagine this had been a source file -- what happens to its history?)

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/