[Users] Checking out documentation and parameter pseudo-thorns

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jun 15 13:23:11 CDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 13:20 , Frank Loeffler wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:24:08AM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>> Please review this patch.
>>> +!TARGET   = $ARR
>>> +!TYPE     = git
>>> +!URL      = git://carpetcode.dyndns.org/McLachlan
>>> +!AUTH_URL = carpetgit at carpetcode.dyndns.org:McLachlan
>>> +!REPO_PATH= $2
>>> +!CHECKOUT = McLachlan/doc
>>> +!TARGET   = $ARR
>>> +!TYPE     = git
>>> +!URL      = git://carpetcode.dyndns.org/McLachlan
>>> +!AUTH_URL = carpetgit at carpetcode.dyndns.org:McLachlan
>>> +!REPO_PATH= $2
>>> +!CHECKOUT = McLachlan/m
>>> +!TARGET   = $ARR
>>> +!TYPE     = git
>>> +!URL      = git://carpetcode.dyndns.org/McLachlan
>>> +!AUTH_URL = carpetgit at carpetcode.dyndns.org:McLachlan
>>> +!REPO_PATH= $2
>>> +!CHECKOUT = McLachlan/par
>
> Is there a reason they are not combined into the CHECKOUT block of
> McLachlan which is already inside?

I don't know a syntax for this.

The thorns need to be outside comments, so that Cactus builds them.
The documentation needs to be inside comments, so that they are not
mistaken to be thorns by Cactus.

For McLachlan, the best I (actually it was Roland) could come up with is

# McLachlan, the spacetime code
!TARGET   = $ARR
!TYPE     = git
!URL      = git://carpetcode.dyndns.org/McLachlan
!AUTH_URL = carpetgit at carpetcode.dyndns.org:McLachlan
!REPO_PATH= $2
!CHECKOUT =
McLachlan/ML_BSSN
McLachlan/ML_BSSN_Helper
McLachlan/ML_BSSN_O2
McLachlan/ML_BSSN_O2_Helper
McLachlan/ML_ADMConstraints
McLachlan/ML_ADMQuantities
!TARGET   = $ARR
!TYPE     = git
!URL      = git://carpetcode.dyndns.org/McLachlan
!AUTH_URL = carpetgit at carpetcode.dyndns.org:McLachlan
!REPO_PATH= $2
!CHECKOUT = McLachlan/doc McLachlan/m McLachlan/par

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/