[Users] McLachlan test suite

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jun 16 13:26:40 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 04:11:20PM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
> I have removed output for the reduction, but I now get differences
> above tolerance in the Hamiltonian constraint:

I see the same, for OMP_NUM_THREADS=1 and two mpi processes. That level
or errors in the constraint is probably to be expected and we should
increase the tolerance value for those variables. However, we currently
cannot do that on a per variable-basis and cannot implement and test
this to be ready for the release. Thus, I suggest to split the testsuite
for the moment into two almost identical suites, one generating only the
contraint output, and one generating all other output. Those two can
then have different tolerance levels. Once we implemented something in
Cactus which can set the tolerance on a per-file basis, we could combine
those again.

Frank