[Users] Initial data documentation

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Jun 17 08:18:55 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 02:12:28AM -0400, Bruno C. Mundim wrote:
> despite the -P option for the shell built-in 'type' not being present
> in the the Kubuntu distro GNU bash, version 4.0.33.

The -P option was introduced in bash in version 2.05b. The culprit is
most likely not bash, but the ArrangementDocHTML script itself. It
specifies /bin/sh as shell, which might be bash but does not have to be
bash. Especially new distros replace /bin/sh with a more lightweight
shell, e.g. dash.

Has anyone experience on how much we could rely on /bin/bash being
present?

On the other hand, you could run something along the following lines to
see if htlatex is installed:

which htlatex 2>/dev/null | grep -q htlatex || echo "htlatex not installed"

Frank