[Users] Patch: Use only one thread if OMP_NUM_THREADS is not set

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Jun 20 20:13:43 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 05:56:59PM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> Carpet: Use only one thread if OMP_NUM_THREADS is not set

As I mentioned I think this functionality should rather be not in
Carpet, but Cactus itself. However, the parameter already existed, so I
don't see a reason not to extend its value until this is provided by
Cactus itself.

I didn't test the patch yet, but I have two things to note: the
parameter value description contains two typos and the patch for Carpet
also changes a line which has nothing to do with the openmp issue at hand.
I suggest to make the latter a separate (trivial) commit.

Frank