[Users] Patch: allow custom LORENE_LIBS in optionlist

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Jun 25 07:24:18 CDT 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 3:32 , David Radice wrote:

> Hello,
>
> at the moment the compilation of EinsteinToolkit with LORENE fails if
> LORENE is configured to use FFTW as LORENE_LIBS does not contain fftw3.
>
> The attached patch solves the problem by allowing the user to overwrite
> LORENE_LIBS in the optionlist file. If LORENE_LIBS is not set then the
> old values are used, so that this modification should not break existing
> configurations where fftw3 could be not available.
>
> Could you please consider applying the attached patch to the LORENE
> thorn in the development branch?

David

Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it sufficient to set LORENE_DIR, or do you also need to set FFTW_DIR?  Do you build FFTW as part of Lorene, independently of Cactus, or together with Cactus?  Are you using the FFTWlib thorn?  Where is your FFTW installed?

Maybe it would be easier if you sent an example option list, so that I see how you would use this.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/