[Users] References in html thorn guide missing

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Sun Jun 27 00:17:28 CDT 2010

On 26 Jun 2010, at 15:47, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2010, at 15:35 , Frank Loeffler wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 01:50:52PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>>> Jonathan Thornburg noticed that the bibliography references in the
>>> html version of the thorn guide are missing.  For example, the
>>> AHFinderDirect description contains referneces to [?].
>>
>> The documentation of AHFinderDirect uses an external bibtex file. It
>> does also include documentation.bbl, but it is also the only thorn
>> I can
>> see that does this. Neither is supported by either ThornDoc nor
>> ThornGuide.
>>
>> The ThornDoc is reasonably easy extendable to include a file
>> documentation.bbl, but it would be more complicated for the
>> ThornGuide.
>>
>> With the AHFinderDirect being the only affected thorn as far as I can
>> see I suggest to include the bbl information of that thorn directly
>> in
>> the .tex file, instead of providing support for external bbl files or
>> even .bib files and running bibtex.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> I think we should first correct the error quickly, then think about
> a sustainable solution.  So let's include the .bbl file for the
> moment.

When I have written documentation last for Cactus thorns, I was
somewhat surprised that external bibtex files were not supported.  In
fact I spent quite a long time trying to get the references to work,
and in the end failed.  I would like to have support for standard
bibtex (i.e. external files) in documentation.

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de