[Users] GetComponent error message

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu May 13 11:30:20 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 03:07:58PM +0200, Barry Wardell wrote:
> AEIDevelopment is only available over https, so if it's trying to check
> out over http it will definitely fail. How about this:

Barry is right and I also didn't catch this before: if AEIDevelopment
cannot be reached using http (for obvious reasons), the URL is wrong.

Barry suggested:

> !URL      = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/trunk
> !AUTH_URL = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/trunk

This should word, but in this case you can also just drop the AUTH_URL
field. It will then default to URL.

> !USER     = <your svn username>

I don't recommend putting this into the thornlist. GetComponents will
ask for it anyway and if you don't you can easily send your thornlists
around without someone changing them before usage.

Frank