[Users] w_lorentz factor in TOVSolver external.inc

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon May 24 15:59:40 CDT 2010

Bruno Coutinho Mundim wrote:
> Hi Roland,
>
> your patch seems correct to me if w_lorentz_2 actually represents the
> square of the lorentz factor. If it does, then we would have to modify
> in other parts of the file where it is being consistently defined as
> w^2=1-v^2.
Thanks. I had not noticed those.

> However, I suspect that this definition of w is more in the
> lines of equation 2.17 of Shibata et al's PRD68, 084020 (2003). I am
> checking the equations again to see if this is true or not and will
> get back to you later.
Thank you.

> Hopefully we can clear up any inconsistency
> there.
I was using the LRR article on GRHD, under Equ. (31):

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/Articles/lrr-2008-7/articlesu1.html#x6-30002.1

the PRD paper uses the four velocity u^j whereas LRR uses the three
velocity.

Frank: Are TOV_Velocity_[xyz] components of u^i, u_j, or v^i (in the
Valencia terminology)?