[Users] compilation problem on 10.6.3 macbook pro

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Thu May 27 13:42:32 CDT 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 9:31 , Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The MPI implementation is openmpi 1.4.2_0+gcc43 installed with
> macports.
>
> And it seems that I have it installed in two places
>
> /usr/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/
> /opt/local/include/openmpi/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/

This could be the problem.  Even if you select the /opt/local
(MacPorts) one, the search paths will still also find the one in /usr,
and there's no telling which one will be used.

I use OpenMPI from MacPorts, and I use the options

MPI          = OpenMPI
OPENMPI_DIR  = /opt/local
OPENMPI_LIBS = mpi mpi_cxx open-rte open-pal

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/