[Users] [Commits] [svn:einsteintoolkit] ADMMacros/trunk/src/macro/ (Rev. 107)

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Nov 5 12:04:42 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Frank Loeffler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 08:41:45AM +0100, Ian Hinder wrote:
>> Good catch!  Does this mean that the testsuite results were wrong all
>> along, and now have to be regenerated?
>
> Yes. They have been committed by now. (There was some permission issue
> to sort out, which is why it took a bit.)
>
>> What other codes would have been affected?  For example, BSSN_MoL?
>
> Maybe. Potentially everything which included that file twice in the same
> file.

BSSN_MoL would not have been affected since it uses it's own macros and
also doesn't uses derivatives of the adm metric variables. As Frank says
the only thorns that would have been affected by this would have had to
include this particular macro twice in the same file. This doesn't seem to
be the case for ADMConstraints for example.

>> Again I repeat my call for correctness tests in addition to regression
>> tests...
>
> I agree. This morning we found another testsuite which has completely
> wrong result data and Roland is about to fix this.

This bug has been around since the first commit of ADMMacros in 1999, so I
don't quite understand how it failed to get noticed. I guess nobody ever
used this particular evolution scheme in production. We did notice it for
the first release of the Einstein Toolkit but at the time we decided that
since ADM wasn't used by anybody it wasn't worth spending time
investigating it.

Cheers,

   Peter