[Users] ReflectionSymmetry, tensor tags, ML_BSSN, etc.

Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 23 16:09:08 CST 2010

Hi Erik.

The following statement seemed strange to me:

"In our counting, a tensor density of weight 1 is a regular tensor,
so the definition of K should be fine."

The only density-weight convention I've seen has w = 0 for
(non-densitized) tensors. Is the Cactus convention just a uniform shift of
1 from what I'm used to, or something more complicated? And where did it
come from?

Also, looking at the CoreDoc PDFJohn linked to, the "tensorweight"
description states:

"If omitted, most code will use a default weight of 0."

Presumably this statement is incorrect now, as you'd want the default
behaviour to be that of a normal (non-densitized) tensor, right?

Bernard