[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 4 19:12:27 CDT 2010

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Tanja, Roland, Bruno, Erik, Ian, Yosef, Manuella

Citation policy:

* Erik will send an email to the user mailing list and to the authors
mentioned in the README files of contributed thorns, asking for which
paper should.must be cited to use the thorn
* eventually we will collect this information in a form that can be
parsed in one of the thorn description files

MHD:

* the development copy at RIT has been committed to the repository
* done are HLLE, PPM, TVD, ENO
* still missing are more in-depth tests, divergence cleaning,
Con2Prim_polytype

Carpet Mercurial:

* please test refluxing
* error in reduction operation has been fixed
* it should now be ready for beta-testing

Einstein Toolkit release:

* will likely have the next ET release in the week "right after the
SEASAPS meeting (the week of October 25), and still before Supercomputing"

New modules:

* NoMPI: minimal set of MPI stub routines
* GetComponents moved to GitHub, we will need to decide whether to use
GitHub or distribute our own branch/copy in subversion

User support:

* Erik, Frank and Eloisa have started weekly Cactus support hotlines
using Evo, scheduled Wednesdays 9:00am Central Time (Evo meeting:
"Cactus"),
http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=eleBevvsvIa8avaeIl

We will have a presentation on simfactory during the next phone conference.