[Users] [Fwd: Kerr ID]

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Oct 6 18:53:23 CDT 2010

Scott

Do you have a pointer to literature that contains the correct
equation? I'm looking at PRD 54 1403, which is the paper cited in the
thorn; is that a good choice? Do you know how the variables in the
paper are mapped to the variables in the code? The code documentation
(the latex file doc/documentation.tex) seems consistent with the C
code, but of course both could be wrong. Or is there an easy way to
see why the factor Sigma is missing?

I haven't used the Boyer-Lindquist Kerr initial data implemented in
this thorn myself; I usually use Kerr-Schild coordinates form thorn
Exact.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/