[Users] [Fwd: Kerr ID]

Scott Noble scn at astro.rit.edu
Wed Oct 6 20:45:44 CDT 2010

Hello Erik and Bruno,

   I do not know off-hand a place in the literature where \beta^\phi is
stated.  \beta^\phi in BL coordinates is rarely expressed since the BL
metric is usually given in line element form, not in ADM form.

   It should be simple enough to derive it from the other components,
which (IMHO) are correct.   I could make a maple script that derives it,
but then you'd have to trust that I wrote up the maple script correctly...

   FYI: I believe

  shift_phi = \beta^\phi    and
  beta_phi = \beta_\phi    .

-- scott n.