[Users] commits mailing list and trac

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Oct 8 10:53:20 CDT 2010

Hi,

we are currently testing a bug tracker for the Einstein Toolkit. This
can send email notifications if a new ticket is issued or an existing is
changed, e.g. closed. In addition to sending that to the
reporter/assigned person, it can also send those emails to a general
address. At the moment this is the commits email list.

I don't think that this is the best option. There could be another email
list e.g. trac at einsteintoolkit.org. The advantage would be that there
would be less traffic on the commits mailing list, but the disadvantage
is that there would be yet another mailing list where people could/would
have to subscribe.

Please discuss which of the options would serve more people, e.g you.

Frank