[Users] [cott at tapir.caltech.edu: Re: GRHydro: explicit evolution of the electron fraction]

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Mon Oct 25 20:36:26 CDT 2010

Hi Frank,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 05:25:30PM -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:

> As far as I understood, the MHD development is completely disabled by
> default. It will be released with everything else, but it should be made
> clear that this is not yet ready for anything else than development. If
> this is correct (which will be tested), I don't see a problem with a
> release. I agree that this is not the ideal situation, but a compromise.
> We don't want to have long freeze times, we want to have the newest
> development readily available, but we want to have frequent releases as
> well.
> It is my hope that this will be different for the first release next
> year.

I am doing the y_e advection in the same way -- previous code on tracer
evolution remains untouched and Y_e advection is activated via parameters.

I would really like to have this feature already in the next release.
I already have y_e advection coded and am debugging it right now. I expect
to have it working very soon.

 - Christian