[Users] [trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org: [Einstein Toolkit] #69: Formaline might stop build because of errors reported by tar]

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Oct 30 23:00:25 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:54:35PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> Alternatively, we could build the tar files only after the thorn has been
> built, and the source files won't be read any more.

That is not correct for all thorns. Some thorns do (I know this is bad
form, but reality) look for header files in other thorns (inside the
arrangements directory), not using the Cactus header file mechanism.

> We would also need to build the tar files either before or after git
> is run.

True. For some reason this didn't seem to be a problem. Maybe this is
already the case?

Frank