[Users] Reminder weekly call, Monday Nov 1st

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Oct 31 13:37:08 CDT 2010

Hi,

The next weekly Einstein Toolkit telecon will be today: Monday,
Nov 1st, 10am central US time.

The main topic will be the preparation of the new ET release. It's main
blocker is the current testsuite status:
- You can find information about how to run the testsuites in a
  more or less automatic way on the web page [2], where you can also
  find the current status [3].
- I can see four main points which need to be addressed:
  - IDScalarWaveElliptic/test_waveell and WaveBinarySource/test_binary_1
    seem to fail on every platform.
  - Some GRHydro testsuites seem to fail with a gcc compiler, pointing
    to ppm.
  - A lot of testsuites fail on multiple processors, especially
    from AHFinderDirect.
  - We don't yet have current results from a nice collection of
    machines.

Of course we will also discuss everything which came up since last time
if it's not releated to the release.

As usual, find the instructions for the call on the ET web pages [1].

Frank Loeffler

[1] http://einsteintoolkit.org/info/support/
[2] http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-info/
[3] http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-info/parse_testsuite_results.php