[Users] making outScalar_style steerable

Baiotti Luca baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 22 00:17:16 CDT 2010

On 9/22/10 12:34 PM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 07:00:43PM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>> What do you think, Luca? What do others think?
>
> That use-case will not be common, and in that case I would simply
> restart in a fresh directory, e.g. using simfactory.

Erik,

I also think that it is an unlikely situation. An INFO message about which files
are being appended, together with the creation date of the datasets contained in
the ASCII files should be enough to disentangle the possible confusion you
mentioned. As a further help, the date of last writing of the to-be-appended files
could be printed together with the INFO message, but I think it not to be a
priority or a necessity.

Luca