[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 12 08:30:59 CDT 2011

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Frank, Tanja, Roland, Josh, Peter, Ian, Erik, Bruno, Christian

upcoming ET release:
* mark SpacetimeExcision as unsupported, will be removed in the next
release (no user thorns in the toolkit)
* AHF: Peter tracked the issue down to the interpolator used by
AHFinderDirect's testsuite. Using Hermite interpolators fixes the 1 vs.
2 processor issues.
* create test cases for interpolators (using InterpToArray), see ticket 395
* RotatingSymmety90/180: Intel compilers seem to create faulty code when
using OpenMP for the count and icount reduction operations, the counts
end up being number_of_threads*total_number_of_points
* McLachlan: Ian suspects this to be due to Exact's inexact initial data
for Kij, Ian has a thorn to produce exact Kij values using Kranc and
Mathematica. Will look into this after next week. Will flag this test as
failing in release if not fixable.
* we will run test simulations (qc0 [Roland],tov [Frank], bhns [Frank])
to show that the release code can simulate a physical system
* we want to include the compiler used in the testsuite output. Ian will
submit a ticket. For now we could include the compiler in the machine
name, eg. numrel-gcc-4.X, kraken-pgi-X.X

ET paper:
* all: please work on your section
** simfactory section: Erik will work on it
** ID section: TwoPunctures halfway done (needs more details), more work
needed for other sections (Lorene, TOVSolver). Bruno&Josh
** EOS: Christian (will have to wait until next week)
** GRHydro: Christian (will have to wait until next week)
** Relativity Tools: Peter (will have to wait until next week), expand
Object tracker section (Frank)
** Roland will expand Domain/Symmetries section with examples and
sketches, will add CarpetRegrid(2) description to AMR
** single-spinning-bh example: Peter (will have to wait until next week)
* do not describe SpacetimeExcision thorn