[Users] release status

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Apr 21 00:16:20 CDT 2011

Hi,

I created a new release branch in all repositories within the thornlist,
except three: Kranc, PunctureTracker and Systemstatistics. I lack write
permissions to those, admins are notified. Unfortunately this means that
a complete test cannot be run right now and has to wait until this is
resolved, holding up the release.

Despite the creation of the new branches, the freeze is still in effect
to be able to more easily roll-back in case of not expected problems.

We lack updated testsuite information for some machines, I assume this
is because of jobs waiting in the queue. It would be nice to get that
information in before the release. With the exception of the new machine
pandora (still in friendly-user mode), all updated machines now pass all
testsuites using one and two MPI processes and one and two threads. I
wouldn't be surprised if some of the missing machines still fail a few
tests though. However, we never had this few failing tests before to the
best of my knowledge - a big thanks for all the people involved in
tracking these issues down.

With respect to the name the current status is:

Name    Count
Curie     5
Dirac     4
Noether   4
Einstein  1

I will take the status tomorrow morning and simply decide for number
one, because I think that all are good candidates. So, you still got a
bit of time to (re-)decide.

Frank