[Users] highest output frequency for CarpetIOBasic?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:20:27 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Kelly, Bernard J.
(GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]
<bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov> wrote:
> Thanks, Erik & Frank. Roland gave me much the same answer off-list.
>
> As I told Roland, I'll have to check, but that sounds plausible: I
> sometimes
> am sloppy with my max_refinement_levels. It never occurred to me that
> something like this could be a side-effect.

There is no sloppiness. I tend to set max_refinement_levels to the
same value in all simulations (say, 10), independent of the number of
actual levels, so that one coarse grid time step corresponds to 512
iterations in all simulations. Makes it easier to compare things.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/