[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:46:59 CST 2011

Hello all,

present were: Frank, Yosef, Tanja, Roland, Erik, Bruno Giacomazzo, Josh,
Eloisa + at least one more

ET paper:
* being reviewd by CQG now
* smalller changes, eg. plot formating, citations still possible

ET seminars:
* propose to have bi-weekly seminar similar to last week's talk (and eg.
the CCE talk) on topics of interest
* have wiki page to collect suggestions:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Einstein_Toolkit_Seminar_Proposals
* please think of topics for seminars during the week
* see reminder email for details

Incoming thorns:
* SphericalSurface:
** want code review by non-author
** want test case
** ask Christian Reisswig to give short (5min) presentation next week
* TOVolverHot:
** leave in incoming for now
** merge branches (Hot, CIGR_tmp, ...)
** code cleanup (possible student project)

NSF software development institute letter of commitment (not proposed by us)
* cross-field algorithm and infrastructure development and discussion
* institute will organize workshops
* Frank will compose letter and send it to maintainers