[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 12 10:53:14 CST 2011

Hello all,

present were: Erik, Frank, Christian, Tanja, Ian, Yosef, Eloisa, Bruno
Giacomazzo, Josh, Bruno, Steve

ET seminars:
* only single proposal, by Ian Hawke
* will ask Ian for presentation, likely not during usual timeslot due to
conflicts, will have doodle poll for suitable time (will be in January)

new thorns:
* Erik has written infrastructure to have MPI as a thorn in
ExternalLibraries
* this requires that thorns that explicitly use MPI add a REQUIRE MPI
into their configuration.ccl
* add NoMPI into this framework
* Erik has already submitted the patch for review
(https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/686 and
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/685 which are prerequisites, a
thorn OpenMPI is written but not yet in incoming)

Alpaca:
* Steve suggests to present Alpaca at Whist12 (with Oleg managing
details): http://wwwx.cs.unc.edu/~tgamblin/whist-2012/index.html

Simfactory:
* Ian, Erik and maybe Barry will (virtually) meet for a bug
squashing/ticket closing session. Times to be agreed upon.