[Users] Problem by installing the ETK

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Dec 13 15:31:05 CST 2011

Hi Jose,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 01:14:28PM -0800, Jose Fiestas Iquira wrote:
> I am a new user of the ETK. While installing it in my laptop I
> realized I needed git and hg to be able to copy the data. So I did.

This is correct.

>  Now I am asked for a password:
> carpetmercurial at carpetcode.org's password:
> I can not get over this problem. Can I just break the installation?

You should not get this when you use GetComponents with the -a option.
Can you please retry with that? If that doesn't work try
--reset-authentication as well.

> PS. I just apply for an account at LONI and am following the
> instructions to get it.

With the Loni account you would be able to follow the tutorial for new
users [1] on Queen Bee - an LSU supercomputer. This might be easier than
trying to install it on your local system first - especially later when
you have to configure Cactus.

Frank Loeffler