[Users] McLachlan constraint time levels

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 9 17:10:23 CST 2011

Bruno

This depends on whether you want the mesh refinement boundaries of the
constraint variables be interpolated from the next coarser grid, or
remain undefined/set to zero. In principle, these boundaries are not
important if you are looking for 3D output, but if you want to look at
reductions then you will need time interpolation. However, this
requires in addition that the constraints be calculated at every
iteration, and is thus expensive both in terms of memory requirements
and computing time requirements. Most people are therefore fine with
undefined prolongation boundaries and only look at e.g. 1D output,
ignoring the ghost and boundary points.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/