[Users] restart failure from checkpoint

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:02:13 CST 2011

Hi,

I used to encounter restart failure with the following messages. This seems
to be quite often at the moment (3 from 6 restarts). It doesn't seem to be
relevant with NaNs. Is there any way to check my system I/O with Cactus,
other than the benchmark I/O given in the homepage of Cactus?

Thanks,

Hee Il

#################
INFO (ADMMacros): Spatial finite differencing order: 4
INFO (Time): Timestep set to 0.0703125 (courant_static)
INFO (CarpetIOHDF5): reading grid variables on mglevel 0 reflevel 4
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable AHFINDERDIRECT::ahmask on rl 4 and
tl 0 not read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable AHFINDERDIRECT::ahmask on rl 4 and
tl 1 not read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable AHFINDERDIRECT::ahmask on rl 4 and
tl 2 not read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::dens on rl 4 and tl 0 not
read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::dens on rl 4 and tl 1 not
read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::dens on rl 4 and tl 2 not
read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::tau on rl 4 and tl 0 not
read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::tau on rl 4 and tl 1 not
read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::tau on rl 4 and tl 2 not
read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::scon[0] on rl 4 and tl 0
not read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.
WARNING[L1,P0] (CarpetIOHDF5): Variable GRHYDRO::scon[0] on rl 4 and tl 1
not read completely. Will have to look for it in other files.