[Users] compilation problem on x86-64

Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Sat Feb 12 14:00:59 CST 2011

Hi,

I found on the web that x86-64 CPUs do not support require 16-bytes precision, and gfortran 4.5 supports only up to kind=10. I compiled just fine using ifort on another x86-64, but it seems that the intel compilers can do this in software. The new gfortran 4.6 would support a quad precision in software. Was anybody successful in compiling on a x86-64 with GNU compilers?

best,
Maria