[Users] Slight changes to GetComponents options

Eric Seidel eric at eseidel.org
Thu Jan 20 16:58:26 CST 2011

Hi all,

I would like to mention two changes to the options for GetComponents.

1. I recently revised the system for running commands, and during that
process I decided that I really only need two levels of verbosity,
verbose and regular. Therefore GetComponents will no longer
differentiate between '-v' and '-v -v'. Adding the second -v will not
trigger an error though, it just won't add to the verbosity any more.

2. The parallel checkout mode (-p or --parallel) is substantially more
stable now. It will checkout/update up to 4 components at a time. I
would like to eventually have a parallel checkout be the default, likely
adding an option to control how many threads to use, but first I would
like to get feedback from you. So if you are using the git version of
GetComponents, please test the parallel checkout/update option, and let
me know if you see any issues.

Thanks,

Eric