[Users] ET linking problem related to regex

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jun 22 13:25:32 CDT 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 08:14:30PM +0200, Wolfgang Kastaun wrote:
> > Cactus checks during the configure stage whether the system provides a
> > header file regex.h, and uses its own only if this is not the case. My
> > guess is that this configure stage sees you Boost include path, and
> > hence uses the Boost regex.h file.
>
> That would be strange:
>
> I do have an entry -I /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1 in my Cactus
> CPPFLAGS. However, _all_ header files reside in a subdirectory
> /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/boost
> To include the boost version of regex, one would need to write
> explicitly
> #include <boost/regex.h>

I see. I assumed you do have
/u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/include in your INCLUDE_DIR
environment variable, in which case it would be picked up by Cactus.

Cactus checks for the presence of regex.h using the autoconf tools, in
particular by compiling

#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <regex.h>
int main() {
return 0;
; return 0; }

This doesn't mention boost. It would be interesting to know which
regex.h configure actually finds in your case, if it is the boost one,
and if so, why.

> > Can you tell us more about your configure options?

They look fine. Can you also tell us about your environment, in
particular INCLUDE_DIR ?

Frank