[Users] No Meeting tomorrow, Monday May 15th

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Tue May 17 09:39:27 CDT 2011

Hi,

For the distorted rotating black hole case I thought I had the runs
completed. However, when I took a look at the waveforms, I saw only 2nd
order convergence (very nice 2nd order convergence, though). I had
unfortunately not noticed that the default values for WeylScal4::fd_order
and Multipole::integration_method resulted in only 2nd order accurate wave
extraction. I'm currently rerunning with modified parameter settings.

Is there any reason why the default values for those parameters could not
be set to give higher accuracy?

Cheers,

   Peter