[Users] MPI trouble on 64-bit Mac OS X 10.6.7 (fink version)

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at aei.mpg.de
Sat May 21 11:44:08 CDT 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Scott Hawley <scott.hawley at belmont.edu>wrote:

> Great.  Thanks Ian.   I haven't tried simfactory yet -- I've been a bit out
> of the loop  --- I was just noting that the latest version of Cactus I
> downloaded a couple days ago said that I was on a new architechture
>
> I'll take a look at simfactory.

If you prefer to use MacPorts, there is also an optionlist for that included
with SimFactory. You can get it from:

https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory/branches/PYSIM_2010/mdb/optionlists/macos-macports-gcc.cfg

Both this and the Fink optionlist can be used independently of SimFactory,
although overall using SimFactory makes life easier.

Note that both also use the version of OpenMPI bundled with OSX which should
be fine for most use cases, the most notable exception being if you need a
Fortran interface to OpenMPI.

Barry