[Users] Tapered grids

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Nov 8 08:02:56 CST 2011

Jakob

If you use CarpetRegrid2, then yes, this is all you need to do. This
will essentially double the number of buffer zones. If there is not
enough space between the refined region and the outer boundary, your
simulation will fail.

You may want to reduce prolongation_order_time to 1, and you may want
to activate only 2 instead of 3 time levels for your evolved
variables. This would reduce memory consumption slightly, but will
also make time interpolation less accurate. (You may be using time
interpolation for horizon finding or wave extraction.)

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/