[Users] [Einstein Toolkit] #618: damiana setup in simfactory is wrong

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Oct 13 10:02:19 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Luca Baiotti
<baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> On 13/10/11 10:52 PM, Einstein Toolkit wrote:
>> #618: damiana setup in simfactory is wrong
>>
>> Comment (by eschnett):
>>
>>   The reason for this is likely that Damiana and Datura share the same home
>>   directory, but require different configurations. Therefore, respective
>>   source trees are stored in subdirectories of the home directory.
>
> OK. In general it would be nice if one could simply use only some
> features of simfactory and not necessarily all together. For example I
> don't want to use the automatic rsync of the source and that's why my
> Cactus directory is on damiana in a different place (actually the
> standard place, simply in my home) with respect to the one guessed by
> simfactory.

At the moment, you have to configure Simfactory and overwrite this
standard setting in your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file.

If you don't use sync, then I don't see why Simfactory would need to
insist on a particular directory location. Could you open a feature
request for this, indicating the actions you want to do and the errors
you see?

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/