[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 17 11:31:26 CDT 2011

Present were: Frank, Peter, Erik, Roland, Tanja, Yosef, Bruno, Steve, Roland

Fall workshop:
* there will be two separate rooms for the two sub-workshops (physics
and infrastructure)
* rooms are available beginning Monday morning
* will run two Evo sessions, one for each room
* topics:
** see wiki: https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/ET_Workshop_Fall_2011
** please sign up for topics on wiki
*** EOS
*** MHD
*** radiation transport
*** generic elliptic solver
*** GPU support
*** improves scheduling

ET release:
* please take a look at outstanding bugs
* prefer workaround over complicated fix this soon before the release
* test suites:
** QLM: remove complex output from test (workaround), leave ticket open
** checkpoints: regenerate (Roland)
** CarpetReduce: Tanja

ET paper:
* Frank will continue with Bruno's help to unify the plots to all use
matplotlib
* Roland will check in unify the references
* please each proofread a section of the paper
* majority vote of call participants for short author list: only actual
contributors to paper, rather than each code contributor. Frank will
propose this to the PIs.