[Users] question about MHD tests for GRHydro

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:10:51 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm doing the BNS test with magnetic fields but it's just in the
beginning stage. I don't know whether other people or the MHD
developers have done the test for the BNS. The BNS simulations with
the ET requires somewhat different setup from Whisky+BSSN_MoL. I'm
using a private thorn of Frank for the AMR. For the initial data, I
modified the public bns reader, Meudon_Bin_NS.

Currently, I have little information on the best parameter setup for
the MHD. Please let me know if there's any special  treatment required
for the MHD. Also I'd like to hear from Bruno on the initial B-field
data. Do I need anything more than I can expect from the initial
vector potential you used in the literatures?

Thanks in advance,

Hee Il