[Users] CarpetIOHDF5 Problems

Tim Lemon tim.lemon at soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 10:08:29 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am running into issues with my output when running Einstein Toolkit on
our supercomputer.

I am using the intel 11.1 compiler, and in my options list when building
the toolkit I have these options,

CC  = icc
CXX = icpc
F77 = ifort
F90 = ifort
HDF5_DIR = BUILD

The simulation appears to run fine but the output is corrupt and I am
receiving the following error message,

WARNING[L1,P5] (CarpetIOHDF5): HDF5 call 'attr = H5Acreate (dataset,
"ioffset", H5T_NATIVE_INT, dataspace, H5P_DEFAULT)' returned error code -1
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.6) thread 0:
   #000: H5A.c line 916 in H5Awrite(): not an attribute
     major: Invalid arguments to routine
     minor: Inappropriate type

Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

--
Kind Regards

Tim lemon