[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas rhaas at caltech.edu
Mon Sep 19 11:16:01 CDT 2011

Present were: Frank, Roland, Ian, Eloisa, Christian, Tanja, Yosef,
Peter, Steve, Josh, Bruno

MHD status:
* code (and maybe paper) should be ready for the release next month.
Currently performing gauge wave and Bondi flow tests
* are optimistic to get everything ready before the workshop
* try to submit paper in conjunction with ET release

ET release:
* want to release before the workshop, aim for Oct. 25th
* branch name: 2011_10, code name: Maxwell
* PLEASE go ahead and fix outstanding bugs:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=!closed&milestone=ET_2011_11&or&status=!closed&priority=critical&or&status=!closed&priority=blocker&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=priority&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=component&col=reporter&order=priority
* fix failing testsuites
** WeylScal4 (Hg): try if increasing grid size helps, if so use as fix
* will use simfactory/python for release instead of simfactory/perl
* no more major changes after next Monday (Sept. 26th)
* announce major changes on mailing list before release, Ian has
prepared list of commit messages on wiki:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details

CCE:
* will be included in release
* Peter will to testing this week

Carpet/Hg:
* vectorization still fails on some machines using some compiler and
some parameter options
* Ian, Barry and Erik will discuss the off-line
* blocker for release otherwise !