[Users] Meetig minutes

Roland Haas rhaas at caltech.edu
Mon Sep 26 12:17:57 CDT 2011

Present were: Frank, Roland, Peter, Erik, Tanja, Ian, Eloisa, Yosef,
Josh, Christian, Peter

Fall workshop:
* PLEASE let us know if you come [1]! It helps the planning process
* Hotel booking information has been send out via email. Rooms are held
until Oct. 10th

ET release:
* add python simfactory to thorn list
* test Carpet/Hg again
* code freeze at end of today (Monday), no more enhancements after that,
only bugfixes, please
* $HOME/$WORK/etc in simfactory machine files will be used as \$HOME
etc. since the @ENV(HOME)@ syntax is not yet implemented and the \$HOME
syntax works for at least some cases where the current one fails
* automated testing facilities: Ian will update his script to
simfactory/Python and will make it available
* apply for common ET allocation (PI: Frank) for testsuites, centralize
running of testsuites in a single person in the long run
* run testsuites for release:

Datura - Ian
Amarok - Peter
Hopper - Frank
Lonestar - Frank
Minkowski - Roland
Numrel (gcc&intel) - Peter
Bethe - Roland
Ranger - Tanja
Redshift - Erik
Kraken (intel) - Ian
Trestles - TDD
Pandora - Peter
Queenbee - Peter
Qezpur - Peter
Philip - Frank
Orca - Erik (maybe)
Zwicky - Roland
Cygnus - Tanja
NewHorizon - Yosef

Carpet/Hg:
* vectorization still fails on some machines using some compiler and
some parameter options
* Ian, Barry and Erik will discuss off-line
* everybody is asked to try if they can reproduce this
* blocker for release otherwise !