[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Aug 12 20:14:46 CDT 2012

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:

   http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/

I short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 or (+1) 866-573-0359 and
         the conference id is 118682#.

We should finalize the time for the fall workshop, for people to make
their travel plans. Currently the week of Oct 22nd is proposed and
nobody objected. However, exact dates aren't decided yet. That, and
topic(s) to work on can be entered (by anyone) in the wiki:

  https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/ET_Workshop_Fall_2012

The CIGR award will come to an end this year. This is the grand that
funded the toolkit for the past three years. While we got funding for
another three years, a final report will need to be written. I will
contact anyone I would expect to contribute in person, but it would also
be nice to get input from the toolkit community. Please spare 5 minutes
and think about how the toolkit helped your research. Write a couple of
sentences and send them to us. If you would like to go that far you
could include a list of publications that benefited from the toolkit.

Also, in case you are using parts of the toolkit and are not mentioned
on http://einsteintoolkit.org/about/members/ yet, please consider
registering. It is not attached to any strings, it only helps the
maintainers to better justify what they do.

As always please speak up with any issue, question or story you have
connected to your work and the toolkit.

Activity last week: 30 issues changed and still open, 30 issues closed,
e.g.:
- GRHydro received major updates
- EOS table can be readon single process and it then broadcast
- added option checkpoint_every_divisor
- Don't log in multiple times for sim sync
- various fixes and improvements to checkpointing/restarts

Frank Loeffler