[Users] Issues getting Einstein Toolkit built on Scientific Linux 6

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:56:11 CST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 03:56:08PM -0600, Frank Loeffler wrote:
> > Try installing the gsl-devel package. This should have been caught by
> > the GSL configuration script though.
>
> Having said that, sl6.cfg specifies a GSL dir (and sets it to /usr).
> I don't think this is a good idea. If gsl is installed in /usr the
> configure script should be able to find it (and catch your problem) and
> then build the included gsl version. Should this definition be removed
> or is there a reason for it to be there?

You're right. It's probably better to not have it in there in case the user
doesn't have the gsl-devel package installed. I have removed this (and some
other similarly unnecessary options) from the optionlist. I also fixed a
bug in the optionlist which prevented it from working with fortran code.

Joe, can you try the latest sl6.cfg and see if that now works for you?

Barry