[Users] Memory leaks

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 14 11:43:04 CST 2012

Hello Ian,

> We are seeing what we think are severe memory leaks with our BBH
> simulations using the current trunk. Memory usage goes up linearly
> during the run, then drops to its original value after recovery. Does
> anyone else see this?
I don't know about trunkg but as far as I know Jim Healy had things like
that. I also some time ago had issues with that and found that HDF5 was
caching (HDF5) metadata. There should be code in trunk by now that
disables caching though. So my first try would be to disable all HDF5
output (maybe excluding checkpoints if you only write a single one).