[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Dec 16 21:13:15 CST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:41:45AM -0800, Roland Haas wrote:
> and whether we want to provide "generic" option lists for common OSs in
> simfactory.

We already do for several, and I strongly believe that this is a
good idea.

Also, I would like to suggest that each of the machines in simfactory
(at least the most important, but also the generic ones) get an official
maintainer. That would make it easier to find the one that might
actually know something about that particular machine. For example I
found this weekend that with what is in simfactory I cannot build on
kraken and I wonder who would be best to ask about that machine.

(on that particular issue: the current default optionlist uses the
intel12 compiler (as 'cc'). However, simfactory does apparently not
switch to that module when you login (using 'sim login'). Even when I do
that by hand I get link errors that look like some intel library is
missing from the link-line. I didn't investigate further yet.)

Frank