[Users] Calling ETK from a C++ code

Bruno C. Mundim bcmsma at astro.rit.edu
Wed Jan 11 22:31:12 CST 2012

On 01/11/2012 10:26 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am a new user and have run some ETK tutorial examples. Before I
> begin to do some coding and run my own thorns wanted to ask a general
> question.
>
> Would be in principle possible to call a thorn from a C++ code like doing
>
> etk_calc(a,b);
>
> or
>
> tmp = etk_calc(a,b);
>
> It would involve a compilation of Cactus together with my code.
I am afraid you can not.

Or
> there would be a way to avoid this?
>
> To explain briefly the problem:
> I have an N-body code which brings 2 Black Holes together and when
> they are very close I want to do a relativistic calculation of the
> final coalescence.
Does you N-body code produce any information about spacetime metric?
You need to initialize the metric for the fully relativistic
computation.

I would suggest that your code dump the final binary orbital parameters
to a file and then you use them into the thorn TwoPunctures to generate
the initial data you need to continue the evolution.

Cheers,
Bruno.