[Users] AHFinderDirect?

Petr Tsatsin ptsatsin at fau.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:19:15 CDT 2012

Hello,
I'm trying to use AHFinderDirect in the simulation of the NSs merger and
was wondering if somebody can suggest how to set up the parameters for this
thorn?
More precisely I simulate two neutron stars tracked by moving grids. I can
evolve this until merger and simulation fail once BH horizon has formed. I
would like to use AHFinderDirect to look for a AH. Particularly I have a
several questions:
1) Do I need 3 centres of refinement in order for AHFinder to work? By 3
centres I meant 2 moving grids and one stationary at the origin. (I just
looked at qc0 parameter file as an example)
2) What's going to happen with a 2 moving grids when apparent horizon was
formed? Since I use maximum density tracking mechanism to track the
positions of the NSs I want to switch the moving grids off after the
formation of the apparent horizon and have only one centre of refinement at
the origin.
I was wondering if somebody had an experience in this  type of simulations
and would be willing to share it.  I would really appreciate any
suggestions and help.
Thank you.

--
Petr Tsatsin
Graduate Student - Department of Physics
ptsatin at fau.edu, ptsatsin at gmail.com