[Users] Error to write PittNull during checkpointing

Christian Reisswig reisswig at tapir.caltech.edu
Mon Jul 30 01:22:07 CDT 2012

> Hello Yosef,
>
> >> Are all of them there? I didn't see a patch for the
> >> SphericalHarmonicDecomp, Recomp
> >> codes?
>
> They are all I have. There were patches to Christian Reisswig's
> SphericalHarmonicReconASCII in incoming. Since then the thorn has
> changed names to SphericalHarmonicReconGen. Unfortunately I don't think
> any of these will help with a run that produces faulty output from
> Cactus (since the input to CCE for Caltech came from SpEC).

I believe the most important patch is the one that fixes a problem with the
start-up algorithm at the worldtube.
None of the patches affects the SphericalHarmonicRecon/Decomp thorns.

Indeed, at Caltech, we are using SphericalHarmonicReconGen (formerly
SphericalHarmonicReconASCII) which can read the data from the SpEC code.
This thorn should be located in the incoming directory and I hope it can make
it to the next release.

So I believe your problems will not be fixed by the changes listed in ticket
991.

cheers,
Christian