[Users] problem with GenericFD

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:14:47 CST 2012

Hi Roland,
	thanks for the prompt reply.

On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Roland Haas wrote:

>> # Parameters of thorn CoordBase (implementing CoordBase)
>> CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_x_lower = 1
>> CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_z_lower = 1
>> CoordBase::boundary_size_x_lower     = 3
>> CoordBase::boundary_size_z_lower     = 3
> Maybe
> CoordBase::boundary_size_y_lower     = 3
> CoordBase::boundary_size_x_upper     = 3
> CoordBase::boundary_size_y_upper     = 3
> CoordBase::boundary_size_z_upper     = 3
> are missing? I certainly use those.

	this fixed the problem.

	In the past I never used the *_upper and I used the*_ lower only for those directions where I was applying a symmetry condition. I think the *_upper just extends the grid from xmax to xmax+3*dx, while without them the boundary points are included in xmax. I'm not sure what is the effect of having added also y_lower, but the initial data look correct as before.

Thank you,
Bruno

Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
JILA - University of Colorado
440 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
USA

Tel.  : +1 303-492-0389
Fax  : +1 303-492-5235
email : bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't