[Users] yt visualization software for Carpet hdf5 data?

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 12 11:01:48 CDT 2012

Hello Ian, Bruno,

> 	thanks for the info. I don't know if that format is supported, but I will ask.
To my knowledge (I wrote an xdmf xml generator for SpEC so had reason to
look into the specifications and source code), XDMF does not directly
support AMR meshes I believe. It does support subgrids, but not grids
where the fine grid overlaps the coarse one. At last there is nothing in
the file format that would allow you to specify something akin to
refinement levels or which region to prefer.